my529 is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
my529 maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect private personal information.
See the Program Description for more information.
What we collect
my529 gathers nonpublic, personal information, such as your U.S. Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number, address, and date of birth from these sources:
- Account Agreements or other forms you submit to my529
- my529’s website collects information, using cookies and similar text files to recognize you and keep track of your preferences
- Transactions with my529 or other institutions, such as banks and credit unions, that affect your my529 account
- Third parties that you designate to have access to your account(s)
What we don’t do with your information
my529 does not sell information about you or your beneficiary to third parties.
my529 does not disclose information about you or your beneficiary to anyone, with these exceptions:
- People whom you authorize my529 to allow access to your personal information
- Banks or other organizations that require certain information to complete account changes that you direct
- When compelled by law
- Other limited circumstances, such as to prevent or report fraud or suspicious activity
How my529 protects your privacy online
my529 uses some of the most secure forms of online communication available, including data encryption, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, usernames and passwords, and site-to-user authentication.
- my529 uses extended validation (EV) certificate technology to guard against “phishing” attacks. Many internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, recognize my529’s EV certificate by displaying my529’s web address in green in the browser address bar.
- You can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent their automatic acceptance. However, your online experience with my529.org may not be as satisfactory.
- While some browsers allow users to use a “Do-Not-Track” setting, visitors to my529’s web pages should be aware that my529’s web pages do not honor such requests.
my529 reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.