my529 is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
What personal information we collect
my529 gathers personal information, such as your name, telephone number, email address, billing address, IP address, U.S. Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number, and date of birth from these sources:
- Account Agreements or other forms you submit to my529.
- my529’s website, by means of cookies, pixels and similar text files to recognize you.
- Transactions with my529 or other institutions, such as banks and credit unions, that affect your my529 account.
- Third parties that you designate to have access to your account(s).
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable you to access and use our services on this website, and to transact business with you, including to establish and maintain our relationship with you.
Disclosure of your personal information
my529 does not sell information about a current or former account owner or beneficiary to third parties.
my529 restricts access to private personal information about an account owner to persons authorized to have access to such information or to employees who need to know such information to provide account services to the account owner.
my529 does not disclose any private information about a current or former account owner or beneficiary to anyone, except with his or her express permission, when needed to complete transactions, as required by law, or in other legally limited circumstances such as to prevent fraud or report suspicious activity.
my529 may share your personal information with others, such as:
- Our affiliates, government entities, and regulatory bodies.
- People or entities with whom you have requested us to share information.
- Other third parties we use to support our services, including, for example, companies that provide us with technical support and assistance concerning this website, contractors and service providers, financial institutions that process payments, and banks or other organizations that require certain information to complete account changes you direct.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of my529’s assets.
In instances when my529 discloses information about the account owner to an outside party, the outside party will receive only the information necessary to carry out its assigned duties, and only for that purpose. The outside party is required to treat the information as confidential.
my529 maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information.
How my529 protects your privacy online
my529 uses some of the most secure forms of online communication available, including data encryption, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, usernames and passwords, and site-to-user authentication. my529 uses extended validation (EV) certificate technology to guard against “phishing” attacks. Many internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, recognize my529’s EV certificate by displaying my529’s web address in green in the browser address bar.
Children under the age of 13
This website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features and do not make any purchases through the website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as described below.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you may contact us as described below.
PO Box 145100
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5100
Please note that email communications are not necessarily secure. Accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence to us.
Last updated: January 2024