Getting to the bowl game takes much practice and preparation. It’s the same with future educational goals.
my529 can give a boost toward that goal line, akin to a kickoff return touchdown to start the game (sound familiar?). Check out our offer below.
A special offer
If you are a Utah resident and open a new my529 account for a beneficiary new to my529 between now and January 16, 2023, and contribute at least $20 at opening, we’ll add a $20 contribution. Just use the promo code UUROSE23 when prompted at opening.
How to get the match
- Open a my529 account between now and January 16, 2023.
- Enter promotional code UUROSE23.
- Contribute at least $20.
- my529 will deposit $20 into your new account.
To qualify, the account owner must be a Utah resident and the beneficiary must be new to my529.
Enter your promotional code on step four of the account opening process, where you review your information.
What is a 529 plan?
529 plans are sponsored by states and educational institutions, and are authorized by Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Benefits of my529
529 plans provide important advantages.
- Earnings aren’t subject to federal or state tax when used for qualified higher education expenses, such as:
- Tuition and mandatory fees.
- Computers, peripheral equipment, educational software, and internet access.
- Books, supplies, and required equipment.
- Room and board for students enrolled at least half-time.
- Tax advantages. Utah taxpayers who are account owners can receive a tax credit for contributions to their my529 accounts up to a certain limit.
- Not just for Utah. my529 funds can be used nationwide at any college, university, or trade or technical school that is eligible for federal financial aid.
- Contests and promotions. Utah students can enter one of our annual contests for a chance to win a $1,000 college savings scholarship account.
Spend a couple of minutes learning about my529, Utah’s official 529 college savings plan.
Watch this basic primer on saving for college with a 529 plan.
Who Can Participate?
my529’s Low Fees
College Savings Estimator