my529 at Utah Worksite Wellness
A unique financial wellness benefit for employees
Are you looking for a competitive edge to attract and retain high-quality talent?
- According to a Bank of America survey, 62% of employers feel a high degree of responsibility for their employees’ financial wellness.
- Plus, the number of employees who see their financial wellness as at least “good” has decreased sharply over the past two years.
What you can do
Offering employees my529 as a means to invest for education shows you care about them, their families, and their own educational pursuits.
Your employees can invest for qualified higher education expenses and K-12 tuition expenses with my529, Utah’s official 529 educational savings plan.
A special offer
If you are a Utah resident and open a new my529 account for a beneficiary new to my529 between July 14, 2021, and July 28, 2021, and contribute at least $20 at opening, we’ll add a $20 contribution.* Just use the promo code 2107WORK when prompted at opening.
How to get the match
- Open a my529 account between July 14, 2021, and July 28, 2021.
- Enter promotional code 2107WORK.
- Contribute at least $20.
- my529 will deposit $20 into your new account.
To qualify, the account owner must be a Utah resident and the beneficiary must be new to my529.
*Only valid between July 14, 2021, and July 28, 2021, or while promotional funds are available.
Why offer my529?
my529 is an investment in the future—and a benefit to your employees—all at no cost to you.
Advantages for employers
- Helps employees invest for qualified higher education expenses
- Can help you retain talent
- Employee onboarding materials available
- Simple to implement
- Increased productivity and morale
- Loyalty from employees
- Accounts are free to open
- Earnings are tax-free when spent on qualified higher education expenses
- Funds can be used at eligible colleges, universities, and technical schools nationwide and abroad
- Utah state tax credit available for Utah taxpayers
- Fees are among the lowest in the nation
my529 can provide materials for employee onboarding.
(From left) my529 Enrollment Kit, General Brochure
Download the my529 logo or an ad to help publicize the benefit to your employees.
Contact us today at email@example.com or 801.321.7153 to schedule a presentation and/or include us in your fair.
Spend a couple of minutes learning about my529, Utah’s official 529 college savings plan.
Schedule a virtual presentation with the my529 Outreach team for your employees.
- Use the platform of your choice (Zoom, Webex, etc.).
- 20- or 40-minute presentation available.
- Time for Q&A.
- my529 will provide printed or digital materials.
Contact my529 today
- Talk about how to integrate my529 with your benefits package.
- Schedule a presentation or webinar.
- Include my529 in your health or benefits fair.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny at 801.321.7153.
Learn more about how a my529 account works—from account owners and beneficiaries to contributions, tax advantages, and how funds can be used.
Engage your employees
- Share information about how easy it is to open an account with my529. We can help.
- Set up direct deposit with your HR benefits system so employees can contribute with payroll contribution if they wish.
- Offer a matching contribution for employees as a benefit. Similar to a 401(k) plan, employers would provide a matching contribution up to a specific amount.
- Publicize the my529 Gift Program as a way to contribute to employees for special occasions like birthdays, newborn celebrations, graduations, etc.
- Make a merit-based or other bonus contribution to an employee’s my529 account.
Note: Any contributions employers make to my529 accounts are viewed as employee compensation.