Welcome to Utah—and my529
Let my529 help you invest for education.
my529, Utah’s educational savings plan, is a nationally rated 529 plan you can use to put away funds for college or tech school expenses—including tuition, books, computers, room and board and more.
We’re among the nation’s top 529 plans. my529 has earned the Morningstar Analyst Rating™ of Gold for 10 years straight.
Already have a 529 account elsewhere? You can roll over your account to your new home state’s plan. As a Utah resident, you can receive a Utah state income tax credit for contributions and rollovers up to certain amounts.
A few reasons to like my529:
- It’s easy to use. Open an account in under 10 minutes at my529.org.
- Accounts are free to open.
- Federal tax advantages plus a Utah state income tax credit.
- Earnings are tax-free when spent on qualified education expenses.
- Funds can be used almost anywhere—eligible colleges, universities, and trade and technical schools nationwide and abroad.
- Fees are among the lowest in the nation.
- Save what you want, when you want.
Investing even small amounts regularly can make a difference.
Assumes a 5% annual rate of return compounded monthly and no initial contribution. This chart is for illustrative purposes only.
A brief overview
Interested? We can help you get started.
Contribute your first $10 to a my529 account and my529 will match that $10.
- Open a my529 account between November 12 and December 31, 2021.
- Enter promotional code 2021NEW.
- Receive a $10 matching my529 contribution when you contribute at least $10.
- To qualify, the account owner must be a Utah resident. The beneficiary must be new to my529.
Promotional offer does not apply to UGMA/UTMA accounts.
Got 10 minutes?
That’s all it takes to start saving now for your child’s education. We can help. Explore my529.org or call 800.418.2551.