Utah Saves Week 2022
Celebrate Utah Saves Week with my529
It’s never too early to start setting aside money for higher education. The sooner you make a habit of saving, the more opportunity your account has to grow.
my529 is celebrating Utah Saves Week by offering a jumpstart toward your student’s educational goals.
We also want to acknowledge our partners.
Join us in celebrating savings this February by opening a new account. You may be eligible to receive a $20 match for new beneficiaries.
Receive a $20 total match
To receive a $10 matching contribution from my529:
- The account owner must open a new account for a beneficiary who is new to my529.
- Contribute $10 or more to the new account.
- Use code 2022SAVE during setup.
- The new account must be opened between February 1-28, 2022.
my529 will match the $10 contribution on or about March 7, 2022. Account owners need to be Utah residents. The beneficiary does not need to be a Utah resident. Offer good while promotional funds are available.
- Account owner must set up an automatic monthly contribution on the new account, starting in March.
- The automatic contribution must take place uninterrupted for six consecutive months, through the end of August.
my529 will contribute $10 to those accounts on or around September 16, 2022, as long as promotional funds are available.
*Only valid between February 1-28, 2022, or while promotional funds are available.
Estimate how much you need to save
Planning for your child’s higher education, but not sure where to start?
Learn more about my529
- Accounts are free to open, require no ongoing contribution or minimum balance.
- Earnings grow tax-deferred from federal and Utah state income taxes and are tax-free when spent on qualified education expenses.
- Funds can be used at eligible colleges, universities, and technical schools nationwide and abroad as long as the school is qualified to participate in federal student aid programs.
- Utah state tax credit available for Utah taxpayers.
- Fees are among the lowest in the nation.
And watch this basic primer on saving for college with a 529 plan.