Give the gift of education.
Whether achieving a secure job, a dream career or expanding the mind, higher education can pay off for a lifetime. Likewise, contributing to someone’s my529 account could be a gift that has a lasting impact.
my529’s Gift Program makes shopping easy.
How the my529 Gift Program works
For account owners
- To enroll in the my529 Gift Program, log in to your my529 account at my529.org.
- Select Gift Program to activate your gift page.
- A link to a personal gift page and a unique gift code will display on your computer screen.
- Share the link and gift code with friends and family via email or social media. Or give them the code.
- Once your friends and family have the link or the gift code, they can follow the instructions below to give their gift contribution.
- You can view gifts made to your account online at my529.org in Account Access.
For friends and family
- Click on the link sent to you by the account owner. It will take you to the account owner’s personal gift page to give a gift online.
- Or you can go the my529 Gift Program website and enter the gift code to access the account owner’s personal gift page.
- Or mail a check along with a gift contribution coupon that you print from the gift page. The gift code will be on the coupon.
A Utah taxpayer may not claim Utah state tax benefits for a contribution made to an account for which he or she is not the account owner.
Include a special item with your gift
You set aside money for their education, feeding their dreams of a future career. To keep their eye on the prize, complement your monetary gift with the purchase of a my529 branded item. Check out our storefront.
Here’s a sampling of your options:
If, on the other hand, you have the account owner’s information, including account number, and would prefer to send a check by mail to my529, you may use a my529 gift notice. Download a notice from the selection below. Detach the top portion and send it to my529 with your check contribution. Save the bottom certificate to present to the account beneficiary.
|Holidays and Seasons