Baby steps. Big dreams.
Invest in your child’s future.
You’ll watch your baby learn and grow. Open a path of possibility with a my529 account.
my529, Utah’s educational savings plan, can help you prepare now for your child’s educational future. It’s never too early to start, and you can save what you want, when you want.
When it’s time, your child can head to college, university or technical school to pursue their dreams.
Let my529 help you get there.
- Read the Program Description. Open an account for free at my529.org or by submitting an Individual Account Agreement (Form 100).
- Name a beneficiary and choose an investment option based on your financial goals, how long you have to save and your tolerance for risk.
- Start with a zero balance or make a first-time contribution. What you invest—and when you invest—is up to you.
Get a free onesie
With our congratulations, my529 would like to offer you a free onesie when you open an account for your child using the promotional code MY529BABY and contribute $10 or more.
Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Quantities are limited, and my529 reserves the right to discontinue the offer at any time.
- Both the account owner and beneficiary must be Utah residents.
- The beneficiary must be the child of the account owner.
- The beneficiary must be new to my529.
- The account must be opened before the child is 6 months old.
You’re on your way to preparing for the cost of your child’s higher education. Here’s a financial calculator to help.
Parenting is hard—rewarding, but hard. Helping with homework or other teaching activities can be draining, especially when neither party wants to do it. However, these learning moments are a shared experience. Budgeting is an important lesson. Students as young as elementary school can be introduced to the basic concept of budgeting by developing simple money habits. Lessons can continue through high school.
Book Your Summer
The Book Your Summer reading award is a partnership between my529 and the Utah State Library to champion summer reading while promoting college savings. Parents can enroll their children in their local library’s summer reading program for a chance at a $1,000 my529 college savings scholarship account. Book Your Summer runs May 15 through August 15. More info.
Make Your Mark
During September’s National College Savings Month, my529 and the Utah System of Higher Education sponsor the Make Your Mark bookmark contest. Make Your Mark offers students a chance to win a $1,000 my529 college savings scholarship account through an art contest. Students in kindergarten through 12th grade can enter an original bookmark design within their appropriate grade category (K-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-12). Eight Utah students will each receive a $1,000 college savings scholarship account for their winning bookmarks. Throughout College Savings Month, my529 encourages Utah families to invest in their children’s education.