Send Your Tax Refund to Your UESP Account

Tax season is here. If you are a Utah taxpayer, remember that you can contribute all or a portion of your Utah state tax returns to a Utah Educational Savings Plan account.

When you fill out Utah tax form TC-40, enter the amount of your refund you want to go to your account(s).

If you own more than one account, the contribution will be distributed equally among all individual accounts. If you are married and filing jointly, the contribution will be apportioned equally among all individual accounts owned by you and your spouse.

Tax refunds can be contributed to individual accounts only.

And what goes around comes around, as the amount you contribute from your tax refund is eligible for a 5 percent tax credit applied to the tax year when the contribution is made.