A College Degree in Australia? Use UESP Funds Abroad

Is your child consumed by wanderlust? Does your son or daughter dream of earning a college degree in Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Paris, Australia, or some other foreign locale?

There’s good news if you answered in the affirmative. UESP account funds can be used to pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and other qualified educational expenses without tax penalty at many higher education institutions outside the United States.

The college or university must be an eligible educational institution, which means it participates in federal financial aid programs for students.

Visit fafsa.ed.gov, the U.S. Department of Education’s federal student aid website, to determine whether an institution is eligible.

Click School Code Search, select State, and scroll down to Foreign Country to find an alphabetical list of colleges and universities abroad that are eligible.