Open a new my529 account on May 29 or May 30, 2018, and you could be eligible to receive up to $40 contributed to your account.
First, contribute at least $25 to a new my529 account, and my529 will match that $25 on or about June 8, 2018, if you meet the requirements below.
- You must be a Utah resident and new to my529.
- Your beneficiary does not have to be a Utah resident, but he or she must be new to my529.
- You must open a my529 account on Tuesday, May 29, or Wednesday, May 30, 2018, in one of the following ways:
- Go to my529.org, click Enroll Now, and follow the prompts.
- Complete and submit an Individual Account Agreement, available for download at my529.org.
- Include the following promotional code during the account setup process: my529Day18
- Contribute at least $25 to your new my529 account on May 29 or May 30, 2018, to be
eligible for the my529 match—as long as promotional funds are available.
Second, to get an additional $15 (for a total amount of $40 with the $25 match), you must meet the following requirements:
- You have successfully completed the steps outlined above and qualified for the $25 matching promotion using the following promotional code: my529Day18
- You set up an automatic monthly recurring contribution when you opened your my529 account on May 29 or May 30, 2018.
- The monthly automatic contribution must occur uninterrupted for six consecutive months to be eligible for the additional $15 my529 contribution―as long as promotional funds are available.
- The $15 contribution from my529 will then occur on or around November 30, 2018, provided that six automatic recurring contributions have already been made.
This promotion is available only to Utah residents who are new to my529. Employees of my529 and the State Board of Regents and their immediate family members are not eligible for this offer. my529 will make deposits into qualifying accounts on a first-come, first-served basis for as long as the promotional funds are available. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. my529 reserves the right to stop the promotion at any time and for any reason.
New Individual Account Agreements and contributions submitted by mail, fax, overnight carrier, or in person must be received by my529 on May 29 or May 30, 2018, by 5 p.m. MT. Accounts opened and contributions made online at my529.org must be received between May 29 at 12:01 a.m. and May 30, 2018, by 11:59 p.m. MT. Documentation must be in good order to process and receive the match. This promotion applies only to my529 accounts that are opened on May 29 or May 30, 2018, in recognition of 5•29 Day.
There is no cost to open a my529 account and all ongoing fees are described in the my529 Program Description, available at my529.org. Please consult your tax advisor about the tax implications of participating in this promotion. Visit my529.org or call 800.418.2551 for more information.