Static Options: 20% Equity/80% Fixed Income
Note: On March 4, 2021, my529 will revamp its Static investment option lineup. Click here to learn more.
How it works
Static investment options remain in the stated allocations for the life of the account unless you request an option change, which can only occur twice per calendar year.
This static investment option is allocated between one domestic equity fund, two international equity funds, three domestic fixed-income funds, and the FDIC-insured accounts.
- Vanguard Institutional Total Stock Market Index Fund
- Vanguard Developed Markets Index Fund
- Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fund
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund
- Vanguard Short-Term Investment-Grade Fund
- Vanguard Short-Term Bond Index Fund
- FDIC-insured accounts held in trust by my529 at Sallie Mae Bank and U.S. Bank
Because the funds that form this investment option may perform differently, the money in your account will be adjusted annually on your beneficiary’s birthday (or next business day) to maintain your original asset allocation.
Read the Program Description, Part 7, Investment Information, for information about specific risks for the underlying investments in the 20% Equity/80% Fixed Income investment option.